News & Events
5 Ways You Can Burn Calories Without Exercising
- December 14, 2021
- Posted by: Charlene
- Category: Lifestyle
Would you believe me if I told you that you can burn calories without exercising?
Yes, there are many simple daily activities that you can do to help you burn calories easily without doing any strenuous exercise. Don’t get me wrong exercising is still important, but without you realizing there are many day-to-day activities that can help you along your fitness journey.
This method is known as NEAT, Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis. With NEAT you can do basic activities to burn calories. You don’t need to dedicate time to go to the gym. Just add these simple activities in your normal routine and perform them more often. Here are some NEAT activities that you can try:
- Walk more steps – Walking is a fundamental activity that you are already doing daily. Hence, you just need to increase your daily steps to reach the goal of burning calories which you want to achieve. It is estimated that you should take around 10,000 steps per day. It will keep you healthy and will burn around 150-300 calories. Here are some simple activities you can try to increase your steps
- Park your car at a distance: Always park your car at a distance from your destination. Be it shopping or going into the office daily. Park your car further away, so you can walk more steps than usual and burn up those extra calories.
- Use the stairs: Instead of using escalators or lifts, you should always take the stairs. Climbing the stairs can help you burn so many calories. It is also a fun way to move rather than staying stagnant on an escalator or in the lift.
- Stand often – Standing increases your heart rate, which directly contributes to the increase of your metabolism. It is estimated that for one hour of standing you can burn up to 40 kcal. It might not seem to be a number but after a week you can burn up to 500 calories. So set a standing desk at your office or set an alarm to remind you to stretch your legs.
- Daily chores – Dread the chores at home? Well now look at it as another way for you to burn off those calories easily. Those routine boring tasks are helping you lose some weight without you even realising.
- Wash your car – Don’t waste your money at the car wash. Just do it yourself at home and burn some calories while you are at it. Wash your car twice a week and look at the results. Not only will it leave a positive impact on your health, but your car will always look as good as new. Talk about killing two birds with one stone.
- Playing with kids – Who doesn’t like playing with their little kiddos? Every moment spent with them helps you build a special bond with them. Why not play with them and create more memories together. As they are young and always on the move, you will have to keep up with their pace. Hence, giving you an opportunity to move and burn some calories.
Are some things missing from the list that you are noticing? Like playing sports and running? Well these activities are good for your health, but it is not necessarily the best way to lose calories fast. I’m going to explain why below:
i. Running and jogging
Running and jogging is a great activity to do frequently for your health as all the muscles in your body take part in the action. Hence, the body needs more energy to do this. It is also able to help you build endurance and strength as well as improving your heart function. However, it might not be the best way to burn up your calories. Running is very good to keep you fit throughout the years and make you look younger. It increases the flexibility of the body, you will not even need to stretch. Also, the blood is pumped completely to the body, and muscle nourishment is improved. But losing fats and burning up calories can be done faster in other ways.
ii. Playing sports
Playing sports will never burn your calories at a very fast pace. Sports keeps you fit and healthy. Therefore, all the sportsmen you see look very young and in shape. Playing sports enhances your basal metabolism and helps you build up more muscles. In case, you have extra fats and lipids on your body. They will all be utilized. It is good for endurance and flexibility of your body. It is both entertainment, fun, and helpful with your diet plan. But it is not the best way to burn up calories.
Thanks for being here!
Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this workout, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Subscribe below with current tips and hacks to lead you to be an Achiever through movement and mindset.